Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

We decided to take a "Stay-cation" and stay in town for the 4th of July holiday weekend. We (along with thousands of other people) went to the National Harbor which is on the Maryland side of the Potomac River and stayed at the Gaylord National Resort on Friday, July 3rd. Boy... was that a mistake!!!! Our assumption is that the "e-mail" which I received was send to "hundreds" of people...thus the reason that it was SO unbelievably crowded! Here's Nina-Skye and I smiling for Daddy...as usual!
The National Harbors plan was a great idea...they had Festival...
and they had a live Jazz Band called Phaze II for all to enjoy.
Nina-Skye, cheesin' after the Jazz Concert.

The National Harbor is a beautifully designed resort area...here's a shot Arnold took as we walked to the Gaylord.
We are on the elevator on our way up to our room at the Gaylord.
Although...Arnold and I were a little disappointed as the lines for various things were way too long! Arnold was in line for an hour and a 1/2 just to Check-In to the Gaylord!!! The lines to get something to eat were also long! However, Nina-Skye had a wonderful time... and the rooms were beautifully decorated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


On the 4th of July when we got back home, Arnold trekked to the National Mall to see the Fireworks. I had to stay home with our sleeping little scaredy cat, Nina-Skye. As these pictures prove, the Fireworks were well worth his mile & 1/2 trek...here is a sample of some of the awesome pictures he captured of the Fireworks!














1 comment:

Nana said...

The photos are awesome. I could feel the excitement of the fireworks. Great shots!